Frequently Asked Questions.
Rupesh begins each lip filler treatment by creating the desired definition round the vermillion border (the outer line of the lip), and improving the appearance of lipstick lines.
The cupids bow will then be addressed to aid this definition along with balance and proportion. He will then begin to add volume to the fleshy area of the lips, until they are beautifully proportioned taking into consideration the ideal ratio of ⅔’s lower lip and ⅓ upper lip. The Philtrum ridges will then be treated to make sure your new lips ‘fit’ appropriately. Depending on your individual needs, he may also apply some dermal filler to help plump and smooth out marionette lines (lines which run downward from the lip toward the chin) so you can enjoy a more youthful final result.
Primarily, there are five main types of dermal fillers that are used for Non-Surgical Lip Filler treatment.
We will consider the right type of lip filler for you, depending on a number of factors including; a realistic desired outcome, expected duration of your treatment, and how long the effects of your treatment should last. We have created a handy list below for your reference:
- Hyaluronic Acid fillers have a fantastic reputation globally, and are the by far the most popular type of dermal filler. Derived from natural compounds and organic substances, this filler is flexible and well tolerated in most people. Hyaluronic fillers are also well known for creating a long lasting result. Although a temporary filler, its effects will last several months as it is more resistant to degradation than other substances. As well as HA being naturally derived, this ever popular substance is fantastic as it has the added benefit of being easily dissolved with the use of an antidote (by a practitioner experienced in complications management) should this be necessary, meaning that you are at less risk of any permanent damage should the need arise.
- Collagen Fillers are made up of naturally occurring substances that we create organically within our own bodies. Collagen fillers are commonly used for lip augmentation, although they are more temporary than their HA sisters – lasting around 3-4 months.
- Calcium hydroxyapatite is another temporary filler, but this time can last for up to 18 months. We wouldn’t generally recommend this type of filler for people who are new to lip augmentation.
- Poly-L-Lactic acid (also known as PPLA) can last for up to two years. The application of PPLA should be |considerate, and built up over a number of months to achieve the final result.
- Polymethylmethacrylate beads (also known as PMMA) are a permanent filler. We do not advocate the use of PPMA at London Lip Clinic as it is one of the most dangerous types of filler and cannot be easily rectified should complications arise as a result of treatment.
The benefits of Lip Fillers with Rupesh are plentiful. From a natural, results driven approach, to unsurpassed technique and impeccable safety record, you are certain to be in the very best of hands with Rupesh performing your non-surgical lip augmentation.
Rupesh has many years experience in performing lip filler treatments. So much so, that as an advanced aesthetic practitioner, Rupesh has turned his attention solely to crafting the most natural looking lips. The most revered filler used for non surgical lip augmentation is the dermal filler. A versatile product known for giving the most natural effect in the right hands, as well as its success in treating a multitude of age related complaints. Rupesh has devised a technique specifically for pain free natural looking results and is well thought of by both his VIP and Celebrity clients for creating well proportioned, full looking lips that appear to have never been treated! Not only do lip filler treatments improve the aesthetics of a face, they can also have profound psychological benefits as your confidence is restored and you look and feel incredible post treatment. It is the combination of facial anatomical knowledge, artistry and technique that make Rupesh the ideal choice for your lip filler treatment in London.
It is important to know that the longevity of the result of your lip filler treatment will depend on a number of factors including your metabolism. Your metabolism is a significant determinant of how long the result of your treatment will last, how long they will retain their volume and fullness as well as how long it will take for the product to break down in your body. This is a factor that is often overlooked by practitioners, and we feel it is important to discuss so that your expectations are realistic and we can choose the right dermal filler to suit your body rather than a one cap fits all approach.
The price of lip fillers in London can vary depending on the practitioner treating you and the type of dermal filler being used. You may see a variety of pricing for lip filler treatments in London, from anywhere between £100 up to an eye watering £2000!
Here at London Lip Clinic, Rupesh typically charges £250 per ml for Lip Fillers. A great rule of thumb is to remember that the more volume you require, the more your treatment is likely to cost.
We recommend that price should be only a small factor in the decision making process when considering lip fillers in London. Beauty salons and spas may charge significantly lower prices to entice you to have treatment with them, but this should be done with caution. Any injectable aesthetic treatment should only be carried out by a fully qualified practitioner with Save Face accreditation. If you are in any doubt, don’t!